Our Property team provides comprehensive legal services for a wide variety of property related matters.
We work with our clients to understand their drivers and goals and to achieve efficient, yet well-considered solutions which are tailored to their needs.
Our team has significant expertise and experience acting for landlords, agents and tenants in all aspects of leasing transactions. We regularly prepare advice and documentation for a range of small to large clients in connection with land development and property acquisitions and sales. We also assist in a variety of simple to more complex land title dealings.
Our services include:
- Preparing and advising on commercial, industrial, rural, retail and shopping centre leases, licensing agreements, agreements for lease and other leasing related documents
- Negotiating on behalf of landlords and tenants
- Facilitating the registration of lease documents at Landgate
- Preparing and assisting with applications for approval under the Commercial Tenancy (Retail Shops) Agreements Act 1985
- Completing registrations on the Personal Property Securities Register to protect the security interests of our clients created by lease agreements
- Preparing and issuing default and termination notices
- Providing advice on lease agreements
- Off-the-plan sales contracts
- Large and small multi lot subdivisions
- Easements and restrictive covenants
- Multiple dwelling constructions
- Development management agreements
- Syndication and joint venture arrangements
- Strata title schemes
Acquisitions and Sales
- Assistance with due diligence (both for disposals and acquisitions)
- Preparation of customised sale and purchase contracts and related documentation
- Advice on documentation
- Advice on transaction structures
- Conveyancing (in conjunction with IRDI Settlements, if required)
Land Title Dealings
- Preparation of documents for registration at Landgate, including transfers, mortgages, caveats, notifications and other encumbrances
- Applications for title
- Partitioning of land
- Document registration
In addition to the above services, we provide advice on a variety of discrete matters, including:
- Strata Title law
- Possessory Title (adverse possession)
- Duty in respect of property related transactions
Each member of our team brings a high level of experience and our clients benefit greatly from our collective and collaborative property law expertise.
Please contact us if you have any queries or would like more information on the property law services we provide.