Lauren focuses on resolving disputes in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
She has a broad background in informal dispute resolution and has acted for a diverse range of individual and corporate clients across a variety of businesses and industries. Her pragmatic and client-focused approach achieves great results for her clients and often results in early resolution of even the most complex of matters.
Lauren graduated in law from the University of Sydney (LPAB) in 2006 and was admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of NSW in 2006 and the Supreme Court of Western Australia in 2014. She also holds a Bachelor of Business from the University of Columbia/Missouri in the USA.
She has prosecuted and defended matters in all New South Wales State Courts, in the Federal Court of Australia and in the Federal Circuit Court of Australia, and has acted for clients in informal dispute resolution conferences. She brings to IRDI Legal considerable expertise in the areas of mediation, arbitration, expert determination and informal settlement meetings.
Lauren has also been actively involved in a range of community activities for more than 10 years, including:
- Providing pro bono legal advice and assisting in the running of homeless shelters at Cana Communities (NSW), 2002-2012.
- Providing mentoring and support to law students from disadvantaged backgrounds at The Smith Family (NSW), 2008-2010.
At IRDI Legal, Lauren’s focus is on the following areas:
- Alternative dispute resolution – commercial, property and Church law.
- Facilitation of external training sessions for clients and stakeholders on a variety of legal topics including review and advice on implementation of Royal Commission findings and legislative changes.
- Building and maintaining strategic relationships with key clients of the firm.
Areas of Practice
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Mediation, arbitration and informal settlements
- Legal training