Gus Irdi AM
Gus builds strong connections with his clients and provides insight, direction and solutions based on his many years of experience in assisting clients and the community, and in establishing IRDI Legal as a thriving enterprise.
He is an experienced commercial and property lawyer specialising in trusts, business and personal succession planning, and pharmacy law.
Gus is a graduate of the University of Western Australia in Law and Jurisprudence and was admitted to practice in 1977. He was a partner at James Mazza and Co. and then Chalmers and IRDI before establishing IRDI Legal in 1986. He acts for a wide range of corporate clients and high net worth individuals.
In January 2007, Gus was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia in recognition of his service to the community and the law.
He has been actively involved in a range of community activities for more than 40 years, some of which include:
- Royal West Australian Institute for the Blind (Inc) - President, 1990 – 1998
- Youth Focus Inc Youth Focus (Youth Suicide Prevention) - Chair, 2000 – 2008
- Catholic Education Commission of Western Australia - Commissioner, 2000 – 2005
- Murdoch Community Hospice - Board Member, 2004
- Motor Industry Foundation - Deputy Chair, 2008 - 2012
- Interim Board for establishment and construction of two single sex colleges for Catholic Education Office - Chair, May 2007 – 2010
- Nulsen - Board Member, 2011 - 2013
- Finance Council of Catholic Archdiocese of Perth - Member, 2008 – present.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial and corporate
- Commercial agreements
- Business structuring
- Business succession planning
- Pharmacy and health law
- Trusts and companies
- Wills and estates
- Estate planning
- Public Notary
- The Tax Institute
- The Law Society of Western Australia
- The Australian and New Zealand College of Notaries